Dietitian, nutritionist, entrepreneur, mother, grandmother, widow and most importantly lover of life!
“Sally! I am feeling SO MUCH better!”
Through my 35 plus years experience I know that optimum biochemical nutrition together with some lifestyle changes allow us to fully embrace who we are as mental, physical and spiritual beings.
Would you like to join me and discover how to do this? Yes, well then …. let’s start now!
My Background & Credentials
- B.Sc and Honours degree in Dietetics from Stellenbosch University
- Diploma in Hospital Dietetics from Pretoria University
- Worked for multinationals including Nestle.
- Feeling the need to broaden my understanding of optimum wellness, I then studied under Dr Ivy Rautenbach MD who, in the 1980’s, was pioneering the orthomolecular approach to healing disease in South Africa.
Here began my journey into cellular equilibrium through supplementation with vitamins and minerals.
For the past 35 years I have been a dietitian nutritionist in private practice and have incorporated this integrative approach into my work.
While running my practice I have:
- Lectured second and third year students of the Physical Education and Exercise Department at Wits University.
- Given seminars at schools on blood sugar, bulimia, anorexia and ADHD.
- Given presentations to corporates on stress management and optimum health.
- Talked to personal trainers at Virgin Active.
- Participated as a consultant dietitian on 702 and Metro FM.
- Run workshops on health using a multifaceted approach.
- Published articles in Your Family and Performance Pro magazines.
- Scientifically created the Sally T. range of vitamins and minerals to compliment my method of treatment with food and lifestyle changes.
- Formulated a unique meal replacement drink
- Helped thousands of clients and patients to live lives filled with health and vitality!
I had been practising as a dietitian and nutritionist for 35 years. I thought I knew what it meant to struggle, until I walked alongside my husband in his suffering.
The body is truly a magnificent machine and much more. But the body has its limits, and I often see people when their body is telling them that certain boundaries have been overstepped and the wheels are starting to fall off or have fallen off.
Remediation is required and my heart goes out to them.
I know something of what it feels like to be in that position. In 2003, I lost my soul mate to a brain tumour. But I lost much more than the most important person in my life. I lost parts of me and my health was one of those parts.
This experience has served me well. When I listen to my patients, I listen with the ear of my heart and the eye of my mind.
Mental and physical exhaustion had totalled me.
It took months for me to regain some energy as I was in complete adrenal exhaustion.
Going a little deeper into the Sally T. philosophy
Principles & Objectives
I believes that the best results are achieved when we realize that there are certain basic, physiological and biochemical factors which are relevant to all of us. When seeking optimum health, food combinations and supplement dosages need to be tailored to our individual problems and biochemistry.
Drawing from years of experience working in the wellness field combined with a fundamental, scientific basis both in the biochemical and physiological disciplines, I can say with confidence that what we eat on a daily basis has a profound effect on every area of our lives.
The integration of body, mind and spirit has been well documented and many of the people that I treat have been able to make radical changes to their working lives, become more creative, resolve emotional issues and achieve a sustained feeling of wellbeing through adopting this integrative approach.
So, my objectives remain what they have always been:
- To educate, advise and encourage you to aim for optimum nutrition so that you can achieve your maximum potential in every area of your life.
- To help you identify the areas of your health that are functioning below par and to implement the necessary dietary, nutritional and lifestyle changes so that you can experience remarkable wellbeing.
- To point any of you parents in the right direction where correct nutrition is concerned for your growing children. Each stage of development requires a particular approach to healthy nutrition. My aim is to have your children feeling and looking in peak health.
- To assist you with any specific need you may have. For example, you may be a professional sportsperson who needs assistance in achieving your absolute best in your field. Your requirements will be unique to you and nutrition will play an important role in your ability to perform well.
- Invitation to change your mindsets. I so want you to know that health is achievable when you are heard and received at whatever point you find yourself and then encouraged.
- . I want to help you change the status quo and reach for your full potential.
To this end, the Sally T. brand was birthed. It is ever expanding as science provides us with more insight into the workings of the body and its nutritional requirements.
Sally T. is supported by a trusted team of collaborators who all work together to ensure that the best quality of service and product is offered to each individual.
There is a specific methodology that is used to ensure that as much insight as possible is obtained with regard to the path that needs to be taken for healing.
The method ensures that each path is unique because you are unique. As you read on, you will see that it adopts a holistic approach to health and encourages all, no matter how old, to experience optimum biochemical health.
Constantly researching optimum nutrition, and sharing my learnings with you!
Hiking, cycling, scuba-diving, water sports, tennis, reading, gardening, dog training, cooking, entertaining, beekeeping, 4 x 4 holidays.