Sally T. Milk Thistle Extract 80% 500mg; 60 Caps
Milk thistle has been used for over 2,000 years as a natural treatment for liver, bile duct and spleen disorders, mushroom poisoning and detoxing a fatty liver. Its use has been documented since 4 BC by Theophrasuts. The plant is known in scientific circles as the Silybum marianum but it is more commonly known as “milk thistle”. It is an herbaceous annual or biennial plant belonging to the Asteraceae family that can grow to be ten feet tall with flowers that are red and purple in colour.
Milk thistle gets its name from the milky white fluid that comes from the plant’s leaves when they are crushed. It is native to southern Europe, southern Russia, Asia Minor, and North Africa, and has also been naturalized to North and South America.
What are the Benefits of Milk Thistle:
Over the past forty years, intensive chemical, pharmacological and clinical research (over 400 scientific studies in the West alone) has confirmed the mechanisms of action and therapeutic value of milk thistle in a wide range of human liver-related and non-liver-related conditions. Literally hundreds of modern research studies have confirmed the remarkable ability of milk thistle to protect the liver and the body against virtually all types of damage.
Today, milk thistle is still one of the most commonly used medicinal plants in the world and is also the number one recommended natural herb for liver health. Milk thistle extract is used to maintain liver health and to protect the liver from the effects of toxins such as alcohol, a polluted environment or workplace, and a host of liver related diseases.
Suggested liver related uses:
– Alcoholic cirrhosis
– Chronic active hepatitis
– Drug and alcohol induced liver damage
– Acute viral hepatitis
– Fatty liver, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
– Fibrosis and Cirrhosis
– Hepatic toxicity caused by steroid usage
– Environmental sensitivities and toxins
– Herxheimer reaction (detoxification side effects ie from treatment of systemic candidiasis)
– Estrogenic liver toxicity (as seen in estrogen dominance)
– A medical condition that necessitates the use of hepatotoxic medications
– Regular moderate-to-heavy alcohol use
Additionally, experimental and clinical studies suggest that milk thistle extracts may also have the following non-liver related benefits:
– Lowers cholesterol levels, which benefits the heart
– Reduces the growth of cancer cells in breast, lung, colon, prostate, cervical and renal cancers
– Functions as a therapeutic agent for the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease
– Improves blood sugar levels
– Contains numerous anti-aging properties
– Reduces cell damage caused by radiation and chemotherapy treatments
– Supplements sunscreen protection and may be useful against multiple types of skin disease
– Works as a free radical scavenger and powerful antioxidant
– Reduces hot flashes and other related menopausal symptoms
– Helps with intestinal / indigestion issues
– Reduces the effects of mushroom poisoning
Milk Thistle Seed Extract 75:1 80% 500mg/capsule or tablet
1 capsule daily or as directed by your health professional.
Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider.
Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications or have any medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this supplement. All capsules are Halal & Kosher, but not suitable for vegetarians or vegans. All Sally T. Products are non-returnable and non-refundable.
This medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease.