Sally T. P-5-P 50mg; 60 Caps
Pyridoxal- 5 -Phosphate (5-P-5) is the active form of Vitamin B6 that drives approximately 168 vital enzyme processes in our body. It is required for various functions including muscle growth and repair, neurotransmitter functions and energy metabolism.
Vitamin B-6 exists in nature in 3 major chemical forms: pyridoxine, pyriodoxal and pyridoxamine. Pyridoxine is water soluble and stable in heat and acid mediums, while it is unstable in alkaline solutions and light. Pyridoxine and its vitamers are absorbed in the upper small intestine
Vitamin B-6 is a cofactor for more than 50 different enzymes. It is involved in amino acid, carbohydrate and lipid metabolism and plays a role in the action of steroid hormones. P-5-P plays a fundamental role in amino acid metabolism, heme biosynthesis, neurotransmitter biosynthesis, collagen formation and glucocorticoid action.
It may assist with:
– Balancing of sodium and potassium levels by regulating the electrical functioning of your nerves, heart and musculoskeletal system.
– Assisting in building and breaking down amino acids (protein building blocks) changing one amino acid to another (transaminase reactions).
– Releasing stored energy from your liver and muscles.
– Facilitating the production of antibodies and red blood cells.
– The formation of neurotransmitters and hormones.
– Anemia. P-5-P is necessary for the activation of glycine in the initial stages of heme production.
– Carpal Tunnel syndrome – a direction correlation between carpal tunnel syndrome and a deficiency in P-5-P has been reported (100-200mg daily for 12 weeks.)
– PMS, depression, anxiety pain perception, P-5-P is a modulator in the production of serotonin and GABA.
– Shown to assist in the reduction of raised homocysteine levels.
– Seborrheic dermatitis
Safety, toxicity, and side effects:
The use of supplemental P-5-P has not been associated with toxicity. Check with your medical practitioner before use and if you exceed a dose of 200mg per day.
1 capsule daily or as directed by your health professional.
Pyridoxal- 5 -Phosphate 50mg / capsule or tablet
This medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease.