Sally T. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is present in many fruits and vegetables, especially citrus fruits, but most people do not eat enough of these foods to reap the many benefits of vitamin C. For this reason, it should added as a supplement to the diet.
Vitamin C supports many of the body’s structures and is essential to the formation of bones and teeth. Humans, unlike most other animals, do not create their own vitamin C, and need to obtain it daily through foods rich in this vitamin. Our buffered form of Vitamin C (Ca ascorbate) means that the pH is stable even in large doses and also minimizes gastro intestinal discomfort.
- Helps to make and maintain collagen, a protein found in connective tissue. Collagen enhances the body’s ability to absorb iron
- Vit C assists directly in the absorption of iron
- Helps to strengthen the capillaries (tiniest blood vessels) and cell walls
- Prevents bruising, promotes healing and keeps ligaments (which connect muscle to bone), tendons, (which connect bone to bone) and gums strong and healthy
- Aids in producing haemoglobin in red blood cells and assists the body in absorbing iron from foods
- Some scientists believe it can be used in the treatment of cancer and heart disease because of its antioxidant properties and studies have shown that low levels of this vitamin are linked to heart attacks
- Vitamin C can block the effect of inflammatory substances produced in response to pollen and other allergens
– Stress related symptoms
– Boost immune system
– Overall protection for all conditions
– Wound healing
– Strengthen capillaries
– Reduce length and severity of colds
– Assist in cellular stress.
– Assists in fighting severe respiratory infections
– Natural antihistamine
– Assist in control of asthma and allergies
The powder contains: 10% Citrus Bioflavonoids; and 10% Ca Ascorbate (buffered Vit C) Citrus Bioflavonoids.
Capsule Active Ingredient: Calcium Ascorbate (Non Acidic / Buffered Vitamin C), 600mg / capsule
Directions for use:
Take a quarter of a teaspoon per day as a maintenance dose in some water. If experiencing the onset of a cold or flu, take half a teaspoon with some water every 3 hours. Monitor the symptoms. Diarrhea can be experienced which will subside when dosage stopped or decreased. Reduce dosage when cold/flu symptoms fade away.
This medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease.